2015 Spring Anime Review, Part 1! The Pre-Season Expectation!
Pre-season expectation!
Spring has came again this year. And brought along by it is the new seasonal anime shows. By filtering this season's lineup, I have formed a rank of expectation for this season's Japanese present to the world. What are they? Let me start the list!
9. Gunslinger Stratos
Although it started from a generic V-Key game, it piqued my interest. A-1 has been good lately, so maybe now they are making quite a step. The promotional looks decent, and I think there is no harm to pick it up.
8. Dungeon ni Deai wo Motomeru no wa Machigatteiru Darou ka
Another Japan’s take on fantasy. I am not familiar with its source material, so I don’t have any much expectation whatsoever. The deciding factor is that at first glance, it looks like Fractale which I quite enjoyed.
7. Punch Line
The only ecchi-comedy anime I pick up for this season, simply because not many of that this season. Adapted from a game with similar title, which I haven’t played yet because I am not well-paid enough to have a handheld console. I pick this up as a man and #TeamPosterieur.
6. Houkago no Pleiades
The ONA was almost 4 years ago? Damn, it doesn’t feel that long. The ONA wasn’t good or bad, but it’s really in the greyest shade of grey area, also remembering that this is supposedly Gainax making an advertisement for Subaru cars. There are not many options for mahoushoujo anime this season. The best choice is ViVid, but the art looks unappetising, picked this instead.
5. Kekkai Sensen
Another adaptation of a light novel I am not familiar with. Though the premise is somewhat promising; alternate demon-inhabited retro Eastern Pacific. I am not putting a lot of expectation in this, but I am picking it up for curiousity.
4. Owari no Seraph
A developing fandom which I was a member of, I dropped following the source material a few years ago due to slow progression. Knowing this is getting animated made me check the source material again, it doesn’t until halfway of current latest chapter I realised “hey, this is quite good.” Although I can’t be sure how long the cour will be, since the manga doesn’t have any coma in the radius of chapter 11-15 or 22-26.
3. Nagato Yuki-chan no Shoushitsu
Those who are acquaintance with me must have known that I have an interdimensional crush with Nagato Yuki. I followed the source material for some time a few years ago (Which I dropped for a reason I forgot, might picking up again later on), and for this spin-off to be animated raise my hype. Although this spinoff does not animated by the same studio which made me fell in love with Yuki, but eh. Like I said, the source material was good.
2. Hibike Euphonium
KyoAni’s return! After a few season without them, I’m wondering what they have done meanwhile. I don’t hesitate to put this in my watchlist next to Arslan Senki. Remember that KyoAni will find a way.
1. Arslan Senki
“From the author of Fullmetal Alchemist, imperial setting, supposedly epic warfare… what to hate?” as a buff of this kind of thing, I without any doubt put this on top of my watchlist. Let us see how far it will take me.
Watching unironically:
- Ninja Slayer – Why? Trigger. ‘Nuff said.
- Tesagure! Bukatsumono - Purupurun Charm to Asobou! – Someone’s recommendation
Things I should follow but don’t
- Yahari Ore no Seishun LoveCome wa Macchigatteiru - Zoku – I am not ready to git gud yet.
- Nisekoi – FUCK THIS!!
Saved for marathon
- Kin’Iro Mosaic
- Plastic Memories
As I traditionally used to do, I will do three reviews each seasons; one before anything airs, one after one episode aired, and lastly after the season reach to an end. The fact that I have started this list means that we are about to see how the season begins.
Facebook comments

No comments:

Post a Comment